Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Nail Surprise and 120 Pro Palette


I may be loving the softer make up looks at the moment but this Hot Pink colour is what I'm sporting on my nails. It's a Rimmel shade I got ages ago but never really used. It's part of their 60 seconds quick dry range in 'Funtime Fuchsia'. I've been on their website and couldn't see the colour (perhaps it was a limited edition?). Any way its a nice surprise as I tend not to stray far from Barry M nail paints, especially when it comes to bright colours. I find no other brand last as well, chip free, on my nails. Any way I'm loving this.
Make up wise, today I pulled out my 120 Pro Palette. I got it as a birthday gift a while back and have barely touched it. I've used the whites as highlights now and then but found that the quality of the other colours were just to much hassle. I'm not keen on the colour pay off, find it creases too easily, sits in lines and they crumble and fall out all over the place. However I thought I would give it another go. But no, my opinion has not changed. Todays shadow, an orangey brown look for Autumn, seemed to effect my eyes for a bit straight after I applied it. Really itchy, made me want to wipe it all off. I mean I know it's a lot of colours for a small price but it's the old 'pay for what you get rule' it would seem. I know others out there love it but it aint for me.
X

5 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to go on about these palettes. Maybe once I've cleared some room through my ebay sale then I'll actually have some space to stock up and do a haul! I like creating my own palettes as I seem to have colourings most brands/magazines ignore (dark brown hair/blue eyes/pale skin!) It is either blonde hair blue eyes or brunette and brown eyes!

    I hate it when eyeshadow creases- especially when wearing a base/eyelid primer. It is so annoying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the same colouring too. And you are right they tend limit the pale skin for the blondes.
    Palette wise for the money you do get a lot of colours for very little. And if someone was just starting out with make up then maybe they might find it handy to play with what colours suit them. But if you know your stuff already I would say skip it, but that's just my opinion. Some colours in it are ok but I'm not a fan.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo what colours do you wear then? I like brown eyeliner and browny purple eyeshadow. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear most to be honest! Although I have a soft spot for greens. Although browns are always so flattering for blue eyes.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool!

    Love your blog.

    Michelle
    lipstickrules.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx