Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Another Hair Change


I decided to dye my hair yesterday it really needs a cut but I don't have the cash for that at the mo. So instead the colour changed. I only ever use a semi permanents now as a few years back I used a full on dark brown dye and ended up with jet black hair. I hated it. It took over 3 hours in Toni and Guy and a hell of a lot of cash to sort it out. I never want to be in that position again. Last month I went for a bit of a change and tried a reddish colour. I liked it but wasn't keen on the way it was washing out. Faded red is never nice. I had bought both colour dyes at the same time as A) I thought the red might not work out the best long term and B) there was an offer on to buy two for a cheaper price! I really would love my hair to be red. I used to dye it red for years and loved it but it's so much hassle. The colour I would want is Nicole Kidman's in Moulin Rouge. However at the moment I can't afford to go to my hairdresser to get it done. There's no way I would want to do it at home as it wouldn't look as good plus bugger having to redo it every few weeks and having my bathroom look like a crime scene and staining all the towels. It's just too much upkeep. So I've gone dark brunette, problem is so has my skin! I did all the usual steps (vaseline round the head etc etc) after doing a hundred at home jobs I know what to do but Jeez it was messy. The dye literally cut through the Vaseline and stained my face, my arms and shoulders too. It’s slightly better today after much scrubbing but long sleeved high neck top it is! Other than that I quite like the colour. I do have pale, pale skin which I occasionally give a boost of colour with a fake tan but it doesn’t make me look ghostly.
The two colours I used were -
L’Oreal Casting Crème Gloss - Dark Brown
And the same make but in Black Cherry

So do you have any hair changes of late? Or any hair horror stories of the past? What would be your ideal hair colour if you had an on call colourist?

Take care

Ex

2 comments:

  1. I have had black hair 2x's & I hated it too. This color looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It will lighten a bit but I think I'll stick with the dark colour.
    I just don't have the skin to pull black off. I look like a goth and a bad one at that!

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx