Friday, 25 September 2009

But would you really?



So I know that a lot of people are talking about the new MAC Black collection. There’s lots of reviews and blogs kicking about going over the products. I guess my post is more of a query really. I was reading a blog by Unicorn that shows a wearable take on the black lip look. (Edit, I'll add the link to her blog to this) I think it stunning and if I had the products would definitely give it a try. Now I am a fan of a dark, dark lip. I love deep reds and purples. Anything that packs a punch but I wouldn’t dare go for full on black. I’d look stupid. My question is would you? Would you really?

Now I know that promo photos are there to advertise and to inspire. That it is all about being creative. And I’m not coming out with the “it’s not wearable” moan. That bugs me. I would never say that. I studied Fine Art, I’m a painter (who doesn’t pick the paint brush up enough) so I’m no stranger to the creative side of things. I get that you take what you want from it and make it work for you. As you would fashion. So once again my question is, would you wear a black lip? If so, how would you make it work for you? If not, how will you make it work for you, will you adapt it like Unicorn? Do you not care at all? I’m curious people.
Take care
Ex

10 comments:

  1. No. No freakin way. You can't wear a black lip with freckles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have no freckles really. However I have Scottish white skin. I would just look liked a goth and not a good one at that. Do you like people will just buy it for the gimmick side of "I have a black lippy" and then never use it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if I could wear black lipstick, it's not really me. I'm not sure about this collection at all. There are other things on my wish list that are more up my alley. I will go and take a look at it.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, I have a list as long as my arm that I would want before any of the collection really. It's a shame as I've not been loving the MAC collections of late.

    And thanks. This blogging still feel so new.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never! But..saying that, I have seen it look awesome on other people. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i love the debate that this has caused. Must admit the black lipstick made my skin look green! On the plus side it made my teeth look really white! I think I'm going to wear it and go out and see what reaction I get and how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have white scottish skin... I would only wear a black lip at haloween!!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Unicorn - It certainly has caused a stir! Will be interesting to see if anyone is sporting the look when I'm out and about. I get comments if I wear a dark lip so I only imagine what would be said to black.

    @MissAshley_Beauty - Exactly! Halloween perhaps! Yep that Scottish sun is few and fair between!

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I've noticed that everyone is hyper over this collection, but have asked myself the same question as you - how many people will be rocking the black lip look?
    I for one will not, but I will be checking out the grease paint stick and the skin care items, those do have my full on attention!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The grease paint stick certainly does look like the best part of the collection. I doubt if many people will brave it. On the flip side would anyone would a white lip?

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx