Friday, 18 September 2009

Old Favourite - No7 Stay Perfect Nail, Oyster

Years back I remember falling in love with No7's oyster nail polish. I adored it and wore it every chance I could. However once I went to art college nice nails were a thing of the past. With hands constantly in oil paint and white spirit nail polish was only ever slicked on for a night out.

Any way a good while back I got one of those £5 off vouchers at Boots and thought I would get myself a bottle. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. The colour wasn't what I remembered and it seemed to chip and almost look rubbed off at the tips within a day. Considering it's called Stay Perfect I wasn't a happy bunny. I thought prehaps it was just that colour but I got another (voucher tastic! Iced Mocha) and this seemed to happen again. However, as I mentioned in a previous blog, a friend suggested adding an extra layer of colour then another top coat 24hrs after putting on the usual base, two colour layers and top coat. It seems to be working so I finally get use out of these and as I'm job hunting these are "Interview friendly" colours.



Is there any old favourites of yours that you have rediscovered recently?
Have a great weekend.
Ex

4 comments:

  1. I love my number 17 'Dragon's blood' but I think they discontinued it. Shame because it was a dark red (but going into crimson) not a bright dark red. I have tried to match it to other brads, but never found a dupe. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing worse than adoring something only to find out that it's no longer available and nothing similar. I almost don't want to buy limited edition make up for the fear of loving it too much never to have it again.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo thats a good tip! I will try that! Its such a lovely colour!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of ever putting a colour over a top coat but it seems to be working.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx