Monday, 21 September 2009

Purple Eyed Inspiration





I like all colours of eyeshadow and pretty much wear them all. I love colour so I tend not to shy away from anything, there's nothing too bright or too bold. Purple however is not one I reach for very often. Some people shy away for the fear of looking like you've been punched about the place and perhaps that has played into it a little. Any way after seeing Natalya post a lovely purple tutorial (http://filthygorgeousmakeup.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-youtube-series-best-colours-for.html) I thought I would give this colour a bit of attention. Overall I'm quite happy with the look. It's light enough to wear in the day and not look too OTT and I could perhaps do a night version (in fact I might try a darker night look soon). Plus it gave me an excuse to use my Kat Von D palette which I adore. So perhaps I will have to weave a bit of purple into my make up.
So what colours do you stay away from and why?
Products used;
MAC shadestick in Beige-ing as a base all over the lid up to the brow
Rimmel Eyeshadow in Matte White on the brow bone and inner corner as highlight
Kat Von D Eyeshadow Palette Beethoven, colours used
- Galeano, over the lid crease and faded out up to the brow bone
- Sinner, on the outer third of the lid
- Rad Purple, along the lash line and outer V
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner
Rimmel Jet Black eye liner pencil on the water line
Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara (Waterproof) in Very Black
Ex


4 comments:

  1. That looks really lovely- I can never get such neat black lines round my eyes- do you line the tops too? I really want a Kat Von D palatte but the only ones I have found have been really expensive. Where did you get yours from?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ;)
    Yep I line along the top with an ickle brush and the gel eye liner. Takes a bit of practise but I find it the easiest way to line and it's super black. I tight line the top of my eyes, meaning I put black pencil liner along the top waterline of my eye (which tickles). I used to do this but never knew it was called tightlining. Then line the lower waterline.
    I got my KVD when I was in America earlier this year. So glad I did. I got two and love them to pieces. They are not cheap but I will repurchase these for sure.
    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have hard that they are super pigmented- better than MAC in some people's eyes..

    I think it was the metal orchestra blue palette I liked and I think Beethoven (the green/brown/blue? palette. It just looked liek a good investment. I think I have to go to America soon!!

    I have never lined my top waterline, only bottom one.. will investigate!

    Thanks Eliza!
    Emma :)x
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure are pigmented and easily blendable. I also got a bright red lippy which I adore. Got a orange lipgloss that I'm not keen on but I will find a way to use it no doubt.
    I got the Beethoven and Ludwig palettes, the other two Gypsy and Metal Orchestra are limited editions I believe. Unfortunately they weren't out when I was there or I would have got those too. I'm a fan for sure.

    Tight lining basicly involves lifting your lid up slightly away from your eye and running the pencil under the lashes on the waterline. I wear contacts so I am used to touching my eyes etc. Some people don't like it.

    Sam of Pixiwoo does it in this video when doing the 'smaller' eye look.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjSo6XzfOAA

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx