Monday, 28 September 2009

Saving Kat Von D


At the beginning of the year I was in the states. We don’t have Sephora stores over here in the UK and I pray to the Make Up Gods that they open a store at some point. It's cosmetic heaven, I could easily live there for a week or two. Hopefully they will reach this shore and in my city. I lost count of the amount of times I went into these stores. I spent a few dollars in there too.

My favourite purchases from across the pond are without a doubt my Kat Von D eyeshadow palettes. They were a new range to me (obviously I knew who KVD was) so I think that helped my love. I love the colours, the quality and the packaging is lovely too. It's highly pigmented and easily blended. However as soon as I got them I was thinking “but what happens when I run out“. Now this is silly as I have a friend in the States who is more than happy to go purchase anything I need and post it to my door. I still however find myself “saving them for best”. Do you guys do this? Keep your favourite or expensive make up for as long as possible by not really using it?

I used to do this with perfumes. I had cheaper everyday stuff that was "ok" and expensive nicer perfumes that I adored that I only wore now and then. I then realised how silly this was. Why have these wonderful things and not use them? I now only wear perfume that I love. Regardless of the price or where I’m going, I will wear it. So I’m going to try and apply this to the make up I have too. What’s the point in having it if I’m not using it? So today, even though I don’t have any exciting plans I’m wearing some of my Kat Von D and I’m happy.

So do you find yourself saving things for special occasions only? If so what is it and why?

Products used on eyes -
Kat Von D eyeshadows palette in Ludwig - Colours Clay, Dowtown, Baroque, and a tiny touch of Leather. Mac Liquid last liner in Point Black.

Take care

Ex

4 comments:

  1. I love Kat Von D (she is the only woman I cannot begrudge for snaring my would-be boyfriend Nikki Sixx) and I'd love to try those palettes. Sheenie is desperate to get her mitts on one, so we're hoping one of our US readers takes pity on us!

    Did you see the post I did the other day about the Chanel Ombre D'Eau palette that I can't bring myself to use as it is so pretty?

    And there is a VERY rare OPI nail varnish I have that I would wear all the time if it hadn't taken me a year to find it. So it sits resplendantly on the shelf, probably going all goopy and crap through lack of use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure someone will arrange to send some US goodies your way. I'm a big fan and can't wait to get my hands on some more so I understand the want!

    Those shadows do look amazing. I'm not surprised you don't want to use them.

    I think that is why I've never had the same feeling about polishes as I know their shelf life is shorter.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat as you! My Sleek pallette is my "special only" since it's IMPOSSIBLE to get one in the US! I love it so much, I have the original version but am dying to get my hands on Storm...although I'd probably never wear it because they are like treasures to me!!

    I think the whole perfume thing goes way back...I remember my mom doing that! Perfume is so expensive, I am glad thats one addiction I don't have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how we do that isn't it. After all we get it to use it.

    I agree with you on the mum thing. Perfume was something you saved for a special night. I now have a few that are "mine". I hate when the bottle comes to an end. But that's what birthdays and Christmas are for right? ;)

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx