Thursday, 17 September 2009

UnGRAPEful Gifts

I’m not really a sucker for freebies. I do like it when you get little added extras with your purchases of course but usually when a free gift is being offered I’m not all that interested (Edit - I should say I love a free gift but don't let it sway me unless I'm intending to buy in the first place). I never really want or need what is on offer. However that being said the first time I went to New York last year I did go into Macy’s and ended up at the Clinique counter. I was hovering around the Benefit stands eying the prices to see if there was any saving on the Doller V Pound and turned round to be greeted by a lovely chatty sales girl talking about Clinique. My friend bought some products and they had a free gift offer on so I thought why the hell not I‘m on holiday. I can’t even remember what I got free, 2 make up bags which have come in handy but product wise not a clue. So any way I was going through my lipsticks tonight and found this. It’s called “A Different Grape” hence the title of the post.



I hadn’t even really looked at it let alone really tried it. It’s not a colour I would normally go for but I’m kinda liking it. I want to change up my lipsticks as I tend to go with the same tones all the time. Light pale neutral /goldy colours or a red lip now and then. I know this coming season is all about berry and dark lips so now is as good a time as any to try something new. Whatcha think? Any free gifts you've been given that have turned out to be a surprise?

Ex

2 comments:

  1. I think Clinique's been giving out "A Different Grape" for YEARS now! I remember stealing it from my mom when I was younger. It's a very pretty color, it looks great on your skin tone!

    I actually love getting free samples and things because hten I get the chance to try out colors I wouldn't normally pick. Miss K from Aromaleigh sent me a few lippies recently that I would have NEVER picked out (I have always been a pale/neutral lip girl). One was a bright watermelon/red lip tint and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee I never really buy products from Clinique you see. I am tempted to try more of their products though. I want to try their foundations.
    I think I will edit my post as I mean I never let an offer sway me to buy when I'm not looking to buy in the first place.
    The lip tint sounds lovely, what's it called?
    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx