Monday, 28 September 2009

Who is this George of Asda?



After reading "Lily loves Lola" blog (link will be at the bottom of the post. I don't know how to shorten the link to make it small and clickable, answers on a postcard please). I was reminded that I own a couple of nail polishes from George at Asda. A dark grey and a yellow. I bought them a while back but haven’t really used them all that much. So I thought it was time to give one of them an airing. So here it is. As you can see it’s bright spanking yellow.


If you do go looking for this in your local aisles it’s number 16 and the name is Buttercup. Let’s face it though this colour is bound to stand out so you are not likely to miss it or need the number for it. Now considering these are only £1.50 they are not all that bad. The bottles are small but hey like I said they are £1.50. Quality wise they are ok to “meh“, it’s a little streaky when it goes on and needs two coats without a doubt but not too shabby at all. With the Halloween season coming up these would perhaps be handy if you were wanting to get a colour to match a costume. Perhaps you are not too keen on bright/dark colours and don’t want to waste cash on a colour you’ll never wear again after the 31st. Or maybe you are just starting to play around with nail polishes and want a whole lot of colours without breaking the bank. These might be the polishes for you. All in all I think they are cute, cheap and fun. And handy to pick up with the weekly shop. I think I will be checking more out at the check out.




Take care

http://lilyloveslola.blogspot.com/

Ex

9 comments:

  1. I love bright nail polishes. They are so awesome! I had a yellow just like this for the longest time that when I got down to the last few drops, I added some nail polish remover to thin it, shook it up, and used it like a semi-sheer wash for the last time on my nails. (The result was mediocre, but still fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same, can't get enough of those bright colours. That's why I love Barry M so much.
    I've only tried that remover trick once or twice and it seemed to work ok.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  3. @louise - 12! Wow I want to see what colours you have!

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's bright! I've never used yellow - it's out of my comfort zone. Looks very sunny and happy though.

    Oh, and I have no idea how to hotlink on Blogger I am afraid :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks though. Can't quite figure the hotlinking out.

    It is MEGA yellow, not for every day wear for sure.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.My.God.

    I lovelovelove the yellow shade. however, not sure if it will suit my darker skin tone though. :(

    http://designerspray.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh but the wonderful thing is it's only £1.50! So if it does suit you haven't wasted a massive amount of cash. Persaonally I think it would look amazing on a dark skin tone.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours that I have are in one of my posts called 'Nail Varnish Collection' or something like that :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx