Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Asda Love - Polishes and N-SPA

So here‘s what I picked up for myself in Asda the other day. I’ve already blogged about one of the “George” nail polishes that I bought forever ago and hadn’t really used (it’s bright yellow). I thought the colour was striking and the quality not all bad considering it only cost £1.50. So when I found that the polishes were on offer at a mere pound and that there was several colours to chose from I thought I would treat myself to a couple. I got myself a brown and a light grey. I don’t currently own any brown polishes and thought it would be a change. The colour is called “Rich Chocolate” (Number 25). I’m really keen. I popped it on last night and so far no major chipping. I can see little bits at the end of the nail that could start to turn chip city so I think tomorrow I will pop another coat of colour and top coat on. Will see if this works.



This is after two coats and a top coat. The colour is quite dark, I’m wondering if it will be too dark for work. I start my new job next week so I will see what the other girls in the office wear and judge it from there. My previous jobs were laid back make up and nail wise. They were fine with my bright colours so it was never an issue however this role is more face to face. I want to look as professional as I can. So vivid colours might be kept to nights and weekends.

The second colour is called “Raincloud” (Number 37) I’ve yet to try it so will report back later.

The last thing I will talk about is the N-SPA Fruit range. OH MY GOD do I love this stuff. I stumbled onto their vanilla crème brulee shower gel forever ago and feel in love with the scent. I literally can not get enough of it. I looked forward to using every day (How sad is that? Lol). So when I found that their Body Cream was “rolled back” to £2 I snatched it off the shelf and made for the check out. It’s brilliant, as a cream it’s lovely, I like using it after a shower. I do have to admit that I mainly use it for the smell. It is very strong and some people might find it too over powering but I heart it. I literally want to put my whole face in the tub, tee hee. They do other scents that I have yet to try so if any of you guys have tried this range and love something let me know.

Take care

Ex


12 comments:

  1. I love N-Spa! It's gorgeous isn't it ^_^;
    I stillll haven't tried any George nail polish! I've seen so many blogs about it lately, I really should get around to trying it - that rich chocolate looks lovely!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly no Asda close to home, but I will keep an eye when I venture to the an Asda. That Vanilla stuff sounds gorgeous!! :)
    Hope the new job goes ok. First days are a bit scary but hopefully youll settle in quickly.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used the coconut scrub from the n-spa range in the past,I loved it! smelled divine
    I really wanna try the others, they all smell so good!
    I was looking at asda's own make-up last night and came across their mascara for £1, I just had to buy it, to see if it works
    I actually like it! will be doing a review on it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm Vanilla body cream, I want!
    I also have 12 Asda nail polishes (Down to £1 - I couldn't resist :P) I really like them :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want some of that brown nail polish ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no Asda near me either. I ADORE vanilla and have filled the house with vanilla air fresheners and scented candles. I've also just spent a fortune on Tigi's Oatmeal Cookie showergel and moisturiser as it smells divine. Constant war in our house as the other half prefers citrus scents.

    And that nail polish is gorgeous, looks like an exact dupe for a China Glaze I have, that cost about four times as much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Leanne - The N-SPA stuff is gorg, I love it. Need to try the other scents though. The George Polish is only OK, you aint missing out on much, the colours can be quite nice but the quality not so good.

    @ Computergirl - Thanks babe, I'm so excited about the job, can't wait to start. Don't think I'll get much sleep on Sunday night!

    @ Katy Wilko - I think I will have to go for the coconut next then. George wise, I've only tried their polish. Looking forward to seeing your review.

    @ Louise - I can easy understand having 12, there are some lovely colours. I had 6 in my hand before I narrowed it down to 2!

    @ Helen - I got given that Tigi stuff a few years ago and OH MY. I wanted to eat it. Any chance I got I was slapping on the moisturiser.
    As much as I like the colour the quality is really poor so if you can't get your hands on them I don't think your missing out. Not long after I took the photo lots of little chips started to appear. I had to put another coat of colour and another top coat on last night. I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle to be honest. I'd rather pay the extra and get a decent quality. Might get myself the China Glaze instead as I do like the colour.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finger crossed I am going to an Asda with bail polish soon :) I've given you an award check my blog out xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I do love that brown polish! It looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see a beauty blogger who test drives more than the upmarket products! I'm not normally a fan of very dark nail polish, but I quite like that shade. I had no idea ASDA's George did cosmetics. Thanks for alerting me!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for reading my rambles. My budget doesn't allow high end at the moment. Christmas will hopefully bring a few treats but I can't afford expensive stuff all the time so mix high end and high street.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Asda nail varnishes, I am so impressed with the range of colours! (and the price, baaargin!)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx