So pretty! With these Awards I have to;
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award (done)
2. Copy the award and place it on my blog. (done)
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award (click on the links peeps)
4. Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself (See below)
5. Nominate 7 Bloggers (click the links to a fun read)
6. Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate. (see below)
I was lucky enough to recently be given these awards by the lovely Computergirl so I will slightly adjust what I am supposed to do. Part of structure of the awards is to write 7 things that people might find interesting about yourself. This part I will leave out and replace with something else. If you do want to see 7 facts about myself (be warned they are a bit silly) please see my previous blog here.
So here is my filler instead of facts.
The "Awards" thing got me thinking. When I first got the them I found it really difficult to pick only 7 people to nominate. I read quite a few beauty blogs and love them all. I wouldn’t follow or read them otherwise. I also wanted to make sure that I tried to pick people that hadn’t already been nominated. However I also still wanted to tell the already nominated folks that I appreciated the work they put into their page.
So with that in mind I thought I would start my own “ Award” but with a different sort of structure. I want to be able to give a "shout out" to blogs that I adore but on a more regular basis. I’m thinking probably monthly but I’m not going to put any firm rules on it. I may post more. I just want to be able to say thanks whenever I feel like it. Also I want to be able to give an award without having to wait until I am sent one. I wanna share the love people, tee hee. Can't post my first tonight as I will need a little time to make a funky image to go with it. I’m going to call it the “Pin Up Pout” award, tee hee. I'm lipstick mad at the moment and adore the pin up look so it seems fitting and a little tongue in cheek too. Unlike other awards you wouldn’t have to receive this to pass it on. If you fancy passing on a thanks to a fellow blogger feel free to copy the “Award” (once I’ve made it) and post it on your blog giving it to someone. A virtual high five! hahaha Also today I hit 50 followers so this seems even more fitting! Thanks guys, seriously a HUGE thank you to you all.
So what do you guys think? Would it be something you would like to be sent or fancy doing?
Here are the 7 beauty blogs I nominate for the above, they may have these already but I wanted to send them -
1. My first is the fab Victoria over at Lily Loves Lola, great product reviews and cute puppies!
2. I know she already has this award but I have to say Computergirl, she was one of my first blogger friends and is so lovely. Go read her stuff now!
3. To Jo at All things beautiful, I know she has these too but I wanted to send them any way. Hopefully this will also encourage her to do a FOTD too.
4. I know loads of people will already know about Vintageortacky but I love the bright colours and her YT channel. Great place for some inspiration.
5. Lauren Loves what a brilliant read. Freelance music and beauty writer with fab interviews, it really is like picking up a virtual magazine.
6. Once again a lot of you peeps will already know about the fabulous Sarah at I Heart Cosmetics but I simply had to send her these too. Fab reviews, this girl has added quite a bit of product to my wish list. I want those Zoya polishes!
7. Last but by no means least we have Clearly Beautiful. Such a lovely girl, quite a new blogger like myself, I love that she focuses on good skin as well as good make up. Her post on Style Icons really made me think about how inner and outer beauty is important in the women we praise.
Sorry for the MASSIVE post. Thanks for sticking with me if you read the whole way through!