Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Building a good foundation

Today I did the exact opposite of what I set out to do. The idea had been to get myself to Superdrug and buy a cheapy foundation to fill in the gap from now until about a month and a half away. After this time I should be able to afford a Clinique one that I have pining for. I didn’t want to spend £13 when my lust for product is only £7 more than that. However I didn’t stick to that plan of action. I spent just under £12 on this, Max Factors Colour Adapt in Creamy Ivory. I did go from Rimmel to Maybelline and to several other brands testing all those little tubes and wiping it all off again. There was a few cheaper options that certainly seemed nice enough but this one got me. I have never used any colour adapting foundations before plus when I tried it out on the back of my hand it felt very velvety, blended in and was soft to the touch. I’m planning on putting a bit of fake tan on tonight so I won’t be trying this out for a few days (only use a tinted moisturiser until that starts to fade). So fingers crossed it all works out well. I will report back.
So guys have any of you tried this foundation or any other colour adapting ones?

Take care

Ex

12 comments:

  1. I've not tryed that praticular Max Factor one, but I have 2 other Max factor foundations and I love the colour of Creamy Ivory, its so mucn nicer than other Ivory foundations I have. Hopefully if you give a good review when you've had time to try this one, I might be off to buy it hehe.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I will most likely be trying it out at the weekend so will post something Sunday night to let you know how it goes. It certainly felt lovely, it didn't feel like I had a liquid foundation on my skin.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used that in the past. It's great for the price, I've tried some more expensive foundations that do a worse job. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When trying it out against the other cheaper brands I did feel that it felt so much better. The others felt very different, this was so light and smooth compared to the others. Can't wait to try it out.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Eliza, when you were trying out other brands, did you test Revlon Colorstay? How did that compare with this one? Oh and I envy that you do get to test out the products in your drugstore. Mine doesn't have samples. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you said that. As having no samples out drives me nuts, especially with foundation. I did see Colourstay, went looking for it as you said it would be one that you would purchase. Couldn't try it out as they had no samples out. Didn't want to end up with the wrong colour. They had some colours out but not mine. Most likely been stolen.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this foundation in the same shade and I havent opened it! Il have to try it out tomorrow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this in the states yet. I had the Max factor in a stick form & it was good. Please review this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @hannahbabeyxo - excellent, would love to see how you get on with it.

    @GiGi - I will defo review this on Sunday night. Can't wait to try it out.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of those ones that adapts to your skintone? Definitely let me know how that goes! :) I always end up buying semi-satisfactory foundations, but my skin tone falls somewhat between 2 shades and looks bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried a sample of this a few years ago and was pretty impressed, blended into my skintone and gave a good coverage x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I tried it today despite the fake tan (I'm so pale that even with tan I'm not that tanned) and so far loving it. Going to use if for a few days until I write a review on Sunday night.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx