Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Colour Combos, what do you love?


I wanted to try out the new gold No7 eyeliner (from their Metallic range) that I bought the other day. It was calling me from my make up bag! So I thought I would try and combine it with the L’oreal HIP Colour Truth Cream Eyeliner I bought in the States earlier on in the year. I haven’t used it nearly as much as I should be. I have the gorgeous teal they have, I really wish I had picked up a few of their other colours too. Any way I just wanted a quick simple look that had a bit of colour to it. I really like the two together and this got me thinking about colour combinations. Years back I used to love putting Purple and Green together but it’s something I rarely do now. I have noticed that I seem to have a fondness for pink and green now. Whether it be green and pink on the lid or green shadow teamed with a hot pink lip, I’m in love with this combo.

So what are your favourite colour combinations? Do you go through phases of loving certain things put together? If so, do tell.

Ex




7 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous look! I dont have many coloured liners or anything, but im loving using pink and green at the moment or orange and yellow for the Autumn :) Im trying to hunt out an orange or gold liner at the moment! :) possibly a BarryM one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely hunny! Im not that brave to try bright colours :( I generally stick to my boring nudes and browns ha.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous color combo Eliza, and its so simple to do! I will go get that gorgeous teal right now and try this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks for your comments

    @ Nikki - I've not used yellows and oranges for a while. Think I might try some soon. The No7 liner is £7 but I had a £5 off voucher (you know the ones they give you after you spend a tenner or something) so it only cost me £2! Bargain.

    @ Jo - I do love my colours I have to admit but nudes and browns always look so classy.

    @ Clearly Beautiful Blog - Excellent, if you do get it please post a piccy so I can see.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are gorgeous! I only have black, blue, and brown eyeliners. :( I'm thinking of getting a plum color at some point though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo pretty colours. I think that metalic liner is going on my wants list- right after the KAt Von D palette!

    Do you wear this kind of eye make-up to work, or just for special outings?

    I have never tried two colours like that, I have used a sparkly green liner on the top, and just a light shimmer pencil on the inner corner. Will try this technique then i find two suitable colours.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the places I have worked I would wear this. The jobs were office based and had a dress policy etc. I would just make sure that the rest of my MU was toned down. I've always gone for colourful MU so I'm comfortable wearing it every day.

    My new job will involve meeting people face to face in very formal situations so I might have to see how it goes. Perhaps I might just do a black liner on the top lid and just a pop of colour on the bottom.

    If you do try this out please let me see the results.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx