Thursday, 22 October 2009

Easy Autumn Eye


Inspired by the changing leaves I felt like doing an Autumn eye look the other day. I had imagined going for something orange and golden perhaps with a bit of green thrown in. Something warm and colourful. However when I woke up I wasn’t feeling too peachy. Nothing major, just monthly lady pains but still, my level of “can I be bothered” was low. So instead I went for a golden brown soft look. The photos are not the best. Taking photos in the evening is proving to be difficult. Energy saving bulbs means there isn’t a bright enough light to take photos without a flash. When the flash is used it then bleaches out the colour and makes any bit of shimmer shine full volume. It also highlights all the little blonde eyebrow hairs I have. They can't normally been seen. In fact these are a nightmare to get rid of as they are so light I can hardly see them. Any way, if anyone has hints or tips on how they take photos of their make up please let me know. Oh and also, sorry to say this again, could someone please tell me how to add in links to the text?

So here’s the look I was sporting the other day.

Products used

L’Oreal Color Resist Cream Eyeshadow as a base.

L’Oreal Color Appeal Platinum in Pure Gold on inner third blended out to the middle of the lid.

Relvon Matte Eyeshadow in Rich Sable on outer corner blended in to the middle of the lid and along the crease.

Top Liner, Relvon shadow used again but applied with a damp liner brush.

Bottom Liner, No7 Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in gold.

Mascara, Clinique High Impact


Hope you've all had a great Wednesday.
Take care.
Ex

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty look!

    I have the same troubles with evening photos.

    OK, here's how to add links to text. When you are writing your post, there is a funny shape beside the tab that you select to pick the colour of your font. First you highlight the text you want to link, then click on this icon and a popup will appear where you add your link. Hope that makes sense! I had to ask people how to do it too ;-)

    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Very pretty and perfect for fall! I really like Rich Sable!

    Aw, Michelle taught me that too! Love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I think this might be a look I will do for work.

    Thank you SO much Michelle! You rock.
    I knew it would be something simple that I was missing. Highlight the text "D'Oh!". I had just been adding the link. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

    Exxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem!! Happy to help.

    Eliza isn't it the wee hours of the morning for you?????!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yip! Tiny wee, just about to head to bed. Should have gone to bed ages ago. Get to sleep in tomorrow though!

    Enjoy the rest of your night babe.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  6. This eye is lovely. The subtle flick is great too. I havent figured out lighting either. Gah. Glad you got the link thing sorted, If Michelle hadnt of replied then I'd of written now. I'm going to have to try and do a brown wyw flick. It looks great!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look! I might copy it :P

    Nikki
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Computergirl - Some days I still can't get the flick to work! Today I changed brushes and it's made it easier. Couldn't work that brush a few months back, must be all the tricks I'm picking up from the blogger and YT world.

    @ Nikki - Thanks hun. If you do copy it would love to see what you come up with.

    @ Sefibourg - Thank you ma dear, you are very kind *hugs*

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, and seasonal. I love the soft liner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tagged you for an award my dear! :)

    http://visualaspect87.blogspot.com/2009/10/beautiful-and-gorgeous-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx