Thursday, 1 October 2009

Glittery eyes and a bare face



I got some good news the other day. I don’t want to go into it too much for the fear of jinxing it but I’m a happy puppy. So as a little treat, that won’t break my bank, I got a couple of Collection 2000 Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liners.



Now I know there have been a few posts around bloggerland about these already so I’ll try not to do a rerun. Firstly I have to take back my previous post saying I didn’t “do” or like glitter. It seems since then I’ve done nothing but love the stuff. Any way these liners interested me as they had a good rep, stand out colours and were easy on the old purse. So I got four in total. Night Fever, Le Freak, Funk and Retro Chick (top to bottom). I love them.



So far I have tried Le Freak and Funk and haven’t found any problems. Tomorrow I’m going to try out Night Fever, this mega blue is so gorgeous I pretty much snatched it off the shelf! I’ll pop a photo of what it looks like up in the afternoon. I can’t wait to try it out, addicted? Me? Yes. Tee hee



Also I need a bit of help. I have run out of my foundation and don’t have the cash at the mo to replace it. I’m currently having to use a tinted moisturiser but I‘m not keen. After a few hours it tends to go too shiny for my liking. I need one that is a decent quality but cheap as chips. I looked at some drugstore ones today and was shocked at some of the prices. Why spend £13 on one of these when I’d be better getting the £20 one I want? Any way I only need it to last me a 2 months before I can head to Clinique for the one I am lusting after. I would love any suggestions you have for a cheapy in-betweener.
Hope you’re all having a great week.
Exxx




7 comments:

  1. Ooh I LOVE funk! I want it! Now there's even more UK stuff I covet and can't get my hands on XD

    I'm one of those lazy foundation girls (I only wear it once in a while) so I can't really help you out with that :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps when I get some funds I could send some stuff your way perhaps? I've never done a swap thing before but I love the idea of it. Let me know what you think.

    I'm a lazy foundation girl myself but some days I need it so I don't like having none at all! One of the other reasons I don't want spend the pennies on something I may not use a lot of.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they have Neutrogena there? They make a lot of products that work really well. I've always had good luck with their stuff. Physician's Formula also makes great foundations. My sister swears by their organic mineral makeup. But yes, drugstore prices aren't as cheap as one might expect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have Neutrogena but not sure how wide a range we have. I don't think Physician's Formula is over here yet. Thanks for the advice, I will get hunting and see what I can get my hands on.
    I just can't get over the prices. Why pay this when I little bit more can get you Clinique or any high end brand?

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always see these whenever I'm out shopping, tested them out, so pretty! But never got round to buying it. Lack of fundage at the mo!

    I defo will purchase them soon, and stick them over some eyeshadow. I saw some videos on the Collection 2000 website, so inspiring!

    xx

    http://designerspray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pleased you love the eye liners! They really are amazing! I wore the silver one to go out at the weekend and I applied it all over the lid for a full on bling effect! It looked fab! You should try that for a night out - it works really well - I got a ton of compliments that night! :)

    Have you tried Rimmel 16 hour foundation? I really love this one. It's such a good foundation for the price and it really is long wear and will last the whole working day and more! I found this better than some of the high end foundations! Like Revlon Colorstay - it's a drugstore gem! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried a full lid with "Funk" and loved it. Can't believe these are so good for the price.

    I've not tried the 16hr foundation. Will have to give it a try out. Thanks

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx