Monday, 12 October 2009

I got 2 awards! Eeeep.

The lovely Computergirl has nominated me for two blog awards. I'm so over the moon as she was one of my first blogger friends, I love reading her posts. I still feel so new to all this that it's such a treat to get something like this. Please check out her blog if you haven't already.

http://computergirl2007.blogspot.com/





To accept these awards, I have done the following:

1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award.

2. Copy the award and place it on my blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award.

4. Name 7 things that people might find interesting; (Gorgeous Blogger award) Name 6 things that people might find interesting

5. Nominate 7 Bloggers

6. Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


Seven things you might find interesting -

I wasn’t sure what type of things I was supposed to put here but here goes.

1. I have a degree in Fine Art. I do photorealism painting but haven’t been doing nearly enough painting of late. I really need to get my finger out.

2. I am a HUGE Joss Whedon fan. I heart Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dr Horrible and Dollhouse.

3. When I was younger I was in a Dance Troupe. We’re talking pom poms, knee high socks and bad uniforms. Yep, that’s photos I hide!

4. One of my best friends lives in LA, I lived with her for a month at the beginning of the year. I love America and spent my 30th birthday in NY. I found the people I met there to be so up beat and positive. I would go back to visit tomorrow if I could.

5. I adore Eddie Izzard (think of the MU he must own) and am a comedy fan in general. We be getting to see Mr Izzard live in November for the very first time.

6. I love Musicals. My mum and I have taken several long weekend trips down to London to catch in a few shows.

7. I want to learn to Salsa and Tango. Strictly Come Dancing is one of my favourite shows ever. Plus I have a bit of a crush on Anton Du Beke. I know it’s wrong but can’t help it.


Here’s my gorgeous nominations. I haven’t nominated some peeps that I adore as I only have 7 to give and/or they have already been nominated. So I tried to picked folks that didn't have this already. Sorry if you are not here. I read and adore so many.

1. http://tackyblueeyeshadow.blogspot.com/ - Love this blog. This lovely lady is the reason I bought those gorgeous Collection 2000 glitter liners.

2. http://skinnybitchesinthemaking.blogspot.com/ - This blog has me giggling so much. With a little bit of everything on it it makes me smile.

3. http://londonmakeupgirl.blogspot.com/ - With great reviews and packed with products I've never heard of. Reading this blog certainly makes my "Wish List" longer.

4. http://www.lipstickrules.com/ - This Toronto lady has great reviews and views on things, go read.

5. http://lipstick-lollipops.blogspot.com/ - Laura's lovely pink blog has a fantastic mixture of high street and high end.

6. http://helensheenie.wordpress.com/ - Nails, Nails, Nails. If you love to paint your paws then this is a must read. WOW is the only word to describe the amount of colours and reviews on show here. Love it.

7. http://unicornsmilebeauty.blogspot.com/ - This gorgeous lady is up for trying the new and the daring. Great for inspiration!

I would highly recommend all of these blogs. and want to thank them for producing such great posts. In fact I would say that for all of the blogs I follow, why else would I follow them?

Take care

Ex

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! Love your blog too :-)

    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I just discovered so many gems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I would love to give an award and shout out to all the blogs I follow as I think they are all wonderful.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I had no idea you were over 30! I guessed you to be about 25 at the most! 0_o

    Also, that is completely awesome that you are a Joss Whedon fan. I've only ever seen Firefly, but the man is just a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks babe. I'm only just over 30. Turned the big 30 in April and wanted to be somewhere different for it. I loved NY when I visited it for the first time last year so thought why the hell not. It's funny to think I am that old as I still feel 21. ;) I'm not nearly grown up yet.

    I am a bit of a Sci Fi geek I have to admit. If you have seen Firefly I hope you have seen the movie Serenity as it rocked. I also adore CSI and CSI NY. Big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually just bought Firefly and Serenity a couple weeks ago to rewatch them. Well worth the price! :)

    I'm not a real big fan of the crime shows though. I don't watch any of them because they all feel the same to me. I don't know if the UK has this problem, but here in the US we have TONS of shows like that and it just gets to be too much. (We have like 7 different CSIs, multiple Law & Orders, The Shield, all sorts of lawyer shows, general cop shows, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made me want to watch the film again now. ;)

    Oh we get all of those shows here too on cable. I think after CSI was so successful there seemed to be an explosion of similar shows. There's now a Law and Order UK as well!

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! thanks for the award and nice stuff you said.
    have just done a post with my "interesting" facts.
    loving your blog.
    and you totally do not look 30. nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks hun!! This is very sweet of you I'm very flattered!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you like them! Love your blog.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx