Saturday, 31 October 2009

Little Boots Haul

Well after my Superdrug spree the other day it seems only right that I had a Boots trip today. My hair has been feeling super dry of late so I wanted to pick up some conditioning treatments. Obviously I ended up picking up a couple of make up items too. Would be rude not too right? It is Boots after all, I could spend hours in there!


Firstly the hair products. I have always loved Aussie goods. Their 3 Minute Miracle treatment has been a favourite of mine in the past. So I thought I would tried out their Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner. Will do a review once I’ve used it for a couple of weeks. The next two hair products are Boots own “Expert” brand. I’ve used the Heat Protection Straightening Balm before and liked it so this is a repurchase. I try to use as little heat on my hair as possible but I always have to straighten or curl some part of it, fringe etc, every day so protection is needed. Therefore I also picked up the Heat Protection Intensive Conditioner, once again when I give this a decent try out I will let you know if it’s any good.

Make up wise I wanted to get myself a cheapish concealer as I’m running out quick smart but don’t have the pennies to be splashing out on a Bobbi Brown number just yet. Max Factors Mastertouch under-eye concealer found its way into my basket.

This little number was also joined by a No7 Amazing Eyes Pencil in brown (gotta love those £5 off vouchers) and two Boots Natural Collection Lipsticks. One in “Apple Blossom” and the other in “Fig Leaf“. Left to right in the photo.

The pencil looks lovely, is really smooth, looks like it would be long lasting too. I think I'll try this out tomorrow. It also has a little smudger at the end of it which is always handy.

Now I know that a Apple Blossom is a favourite for some but I think this might be a little too light for me, I‘m really not into the super paled out lips. It’s not quite as “concealer on the lips” or corpse looking as the Gosh Darling I bought the other day (I honestly think this will be at the bottom of the make up bag and never get used - gutted). Apple Blossom is slightly pinker so I might get more use out of it. Fig Leaf on the other had is right up my street. A nudey browny colour, perfect for everyday and work wear. I’m keen.

Oh and also Clearly Beautiful Blog - I bought a Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost to replace the define-a-lash that wasn't working for me. It's my every day mascara.
Hope you are all having a great weekend. I’m off to watch X Factor!

Ex






3 comments:

  1. Very interested in how the pencil performs as I have a £5 voucher too and want to know what to get!
    Thanks, enjoy x factor! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to check out the Boots Heat Protection Intensive Conditioner, can't wait to see what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Computergirl - will try out the pencil tomorrow I think. Been full of the cold today so no make up. I know I'm ill when I don't put make up on!!!

    @Louise - will try it out in the next few days. Used the Aussie stuff today and liked it. Feels different already after 1 use!

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx