Wednesday, 14 October 2009

MAC Tabby - Help, Can I ever get my hands on it again?

So it was Sunday and I really couldn’t be bothered doing anything too fancy MU wise. I had loads to do and I was going to be doing quite a bit of cooking later on in a hot kitchen. Not the best conditions for fancy eye colours. With that in mind I went for the one shadow approach. Quick, easy, minimum blending involved.

Routing through my MU stash my hands fell upon on old MAC 6 palette I bought way back when. In fact through googling I found it to be part of the MAC Delights Collection from October 2005! I remember being at the counter and spying this little beauty. For any Firefly/Serenity fans out there I thought it to be so “Inara” that I had to have it.

This Collection had three palettes Warm, Cool and Trend. This is the Cool. The colours being, from top to bottom (left to right), Zinc Bar (Lustre), Pale Out (Frost), Tabby (Lustre), Nocturnelle(Frost), Sumptuous Olive (Veluxe), Grey Grape (Matte). The Olive has always been my favourite, without a doubt. I do love green shadows and this was just so delicious and different from any other greens I had at that point. I had planned to put this on in my lazy day Sunday frame of mind but instead I thought I would go for Tabby. This I haven’t used to be honest. I had never thought much of the colour so had skipped over it a million times to get straight to my Olive love. In the pan it just looked a bit ‘Meh’. However now I’m adoring it.

Once it was on the lid I could see the colour properly and the subtle shimmer through it. It’s a Lustre finish so that is described as ‘Smoothly pearlized; intensely frosted with deluxe ultra-fine "conditioned" finish’. Colour wise I would say it’s a dirty gray brown. I realise it’s not an eye popping stand out from a crowd colour but a find it really flattering. Perfect for work or if you are just after a simple look. My only problem now is this was a Limited Edition. I went straight to the website on Sunday hoping that it would be there but no. I can’t find it. So I ask you peeps out there, is there any way I can get my hands on this colour again or is it gone for good?

Hope you’ve all had a great Wednesday.

I also wanted to say I big hello to the new folks that are now following me and a massive thank you to every follower. It means a lot that you guys take to time out to read my ramblings.

Ex



6 comments:

  1. Lovely colors. Although the pallete is LE, maybe you can find a similar color in the permanent collection? I'd just take it to the MAC counter and ask to see if they have something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh good idea. I think I will have to do that as I might use this a lot for work.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely make-up look. You look great xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sweetie. Think it'll be a nice easy one for work.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny I have that one too, I used to be so obsessed with mac LE items! Ok so I still am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always fear LE stuff incase I love them too much. How silly is that?

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx