Friday, 23 October 2009

"Pin Up Pout - Shout Out" - My Award

So TA- DAH! Tee hee. Here it is, my own version of a blog award, the “Pin Up Pout - Shout Out”.


I talked about making my own award in a previous post here. I wanted to take time out from the regular chat to let you folks know about the blogs that I follow, read and love. There are no set “things to do” with this, it’s more about highlighting people and their pages. Showing them that I enjoy what they do and want to let others know. So every now and then I will be posting one. I think I said before I’m imagining it like a virtual high five (for any HIMYM lovers out there picture Barney awesomeness here).


Like any other award if people want to display it on their blog and pass it on to others then that would be wicked. However, if you do fancy doing this, feel free to copy the image I made (or make your own if you want) and start telling your followers about the fellow peeps you read. Be sure to let me know if you do, I love finding new blogs.


So my first “Shout Out” goes to Michelle over at Lipstick Rules (Pout and Lipstick, fitting no?).


Now I know she will be no stranger to many of you as she has a lot of followers already but this is as much about saying thanks as it is spreading the word about someone’s page. I have previously given this girl an award but I wanted to send her this as well. High five and fist bump to you lady! I love the mixture of posts that she does, reviews, swatches, general ponderings and questions for her readers. With her being based in Canada (myself in the UK) I’m always curious to see what goods she can pick up that I might not have heard of. Discovering new products is top fun for a MU addict. She is always very sweet in her comments and helpful too. The other day she told me how to hot link! I had been missing the obvious for weeks and it was bugging me (I wasn’t highlighting and therefore just posting full links all the time). Sounds like such a small thing but someone taking the time out to help is lovely. So if you haven’t seen this ladies stuff please go check her out.


Hope you like this Michelle! *hugs*

Have a great weekend folks.

Ex

9 comments:

  1. I am so honoured!! THANK YOU!! This has made my week. It's readers like you that continue to inspire me -- and why I love our community. Your blog is amazing too!

    Hugs to you too!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like it hun. Everyone has been so helpful and friendly I wanted to do something to show I was grateful.
    I've popped a link to your page from the image at the top right of my blog. Will keep it there for a month.

    Exxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea!! Just posted about it as well.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just commented right back at cha! Tee hee

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw Michelle totally deserves this! She's so sweet and adorable!

    Love the image you made too XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh what a fun idea! Congrats to Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you girls like it. Think I will be doing it monthly although I just want to send out loads now!!!

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay 1950 :D Great minds and all that!! A fantastic idea :Dx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx