Sunday, 18 October 2009

Wet-n-Wild Retro Pink, My New Love Lippy


I have a bright pink lippy love going on at the moment. I got a “2 True” one that I’m really pleased with and have blogged about it previously and I have just got my hands on another cheapy number. I talked about in my post on Thursday. While at Tesco I bought 2 nail polishes (neither of which are very good but more on that later) and a Wet n Wild Lipstick in the colour “Retro Pink“. Here's what it looks like with and without a flash.



After going through the collection of lipsticks I have there are some colours I have nothing of. Everything is a little samey. I certainly have the odd one with a hint of pink about it but not PINK and not BRIGHT. My new lipstick is a really bizarre shade in a way. It looks proper pink in the tube but when on it’s hot lilac pink. My fella described it as the right side of wrong (tee hee). It’s certainly bright and I can’t help but love it. I know this might be a bit too much for some but I’m sold. It lasts really well for a lipstick costing under £2 as well. When it does fade it doesn’t go patchy either. I think I will see if I can pick up another colour next time I pop in for the dinner. Below is not the best photo but I wanted to give you an idea of what it looked like on.

The nail polishes on the other hand I will not be buying again. Both colours I bought looked great to begin with, went on ok but didn’t last long at all. The blue one was the worse than the bronze, chip city within 24 hours, however neither were particularly great. The bronze and it’s “Rock Solid” tag didn’t live up to it’s name but lasted a little longer. A day and a half before chips showed. Due to it’s sheer formula and light colour this didn’t look as obvious so I popped another coat over my nails and they still look ‘ok’. I might reuse this at some point but the blue is a definite no.

So do you guys have any bright lipsticks you could recommend?
Hope you've had a great weekend.
Ex


5 comments:

  1. I love that lipstick on you. It looks fab with the green wingy eyeliner too; almost a 50s vibe going on there. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac's vegas volt would look pretty on you I think x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Grace London - Thanks hun, I've got a thing for green on the eyes and pink lips at the mo.

    @ Sarah - That looks like a gorgeous colour. I'm sad to say I don't own any MAC lipsticks! This is something I intend to change. ;)

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that colour! I have a thing for bright pink lipstick atm too! & Ive never tryed a MAC lip stick either!!
    Love the way you do your eye liner i CANT do it! However hard I try! :(

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ hannahbabeyxo - Once I have the pennies I will be heading to MAC to swatch a whole lot of lipticks for sure. Or I might ask Santa for some.
    I still find "the flick" difficult. Sometimes to help I will use a liner pencil to put faint dots where I want the flick to end. Then I'll paint the gel/cream liner over the top with a brush.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx