Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Order, order! What's your order

This is just a random little query I'm throwing out there. Sorry if it seems daft to some.

When replying to a comment left on a previous post a question popped into my head. Now we have had tags about products we use, even products used on a daily basis etc but I'm curious as to how you put your make up on. The order to which you set things out. I know everyone does things differently but I know I have a set way and wonder what others do?

For me I put on my face cream, well gel actually, then eye cream and let them dry (which is a bit of a given, put these on after your makeup and it might not be the best FOTD! tee hee).

Then:
Eye shadow primer
Foundation
Highlighter shadow (usually matte white) on brow bone and inner corner of eye
Eye shadow
Liner
Eye brow pencil/powder
Concealer
Blush
Powder
Bronzer
Mascara
Lippie
Then off I go to do my hair.

I tend to pretty much stick to this routine all the time and it feels weird to do things differently. I realise this probably makes no difference to the finish look but I'm just curious, do others have there make up action plan? Do you? If so, do share.

Oh also I know I have a couple of tags to do and a couple of awards to thank people for. Will try to get them done by the end of the week, been a bit busy.

Hope you are having a great week.

Exxx

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I do mine quite differently!

    Moisturiser (obviously)
    Concealer (if I'm using mineral/powder foundation - but I conceal after liquid foundation)
    Foundation
    Blush
    Powder (I don't bronze)
    Eyeshadow primer
    Eyeshadows (normally do highlight last)
    Eyeliner
    Mascara
    Lippie
    Hair
    ^_^

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye cream
    Primer
    Foundation
    Concealer corrector
    Concealer
    Powder
    Bronzer
    Blush
    Eyeshadow
    Liner Mascara
    Brows
    Lips
    Hair
    Perfume
    Out the door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super interesting, Good idea!
    My order (on a day where I'm not being lazy):
    Moisturize (face and eye)
    Hair
    Primer
    Foundation
    Concealer
    Setting Powder
    Bronzer
    Blush
    Contour
    Brows
    Eye Primer
    Shadow (highlight last)
    Liner
    Mascara
    Lips
    Perfume!
    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I use barely any products at all. I dont use foundation or concealer, and rarely use lipstick so for me it is:

    - eye primer
    - creme shadow (sometimes, sometimes not)
    - light shadow for over eyelid
    - dark one for contouring in outer corners
    occasionally a flash of liquid metal or shimmery pigment in the inner corners, but only if I can be bothered
    - kohl eyeliner on waterline
    - liquid eyeliner on top lid
    - eyebrow pencil
    - little bit of highlighter under brow
    - mascara. lots of.
    - blusher - when I can be bothered

    Make-up done! This is all done with towel on head (I like the way the tautness pulls my eyes out making it easier to put liner on etc)then hair is producted up and given a quick blow dry and run through with the straighteners / curling iron, whichever I fancy that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also have an order i have to stick to. after washing and putting on moisturiser, i wait for the redness to go down and then i first apply mascara,
    then foundation
    then liquid eyeliner
    bottom eyeliner
    comb eyebrows and eyelashes
    eye shadow
    touch up anywhere
    concealer on face
    then depending on whether I had a coffee, mouthwash
    then concealer under the eyes
    blush or bronzer
    hydration mist to set the makeup

    doing it any other way just seems weird. i hate being rushed cos then the order is all messed up.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx