Thursday, 19 November 2009

Pin Up Pout - Shout Out Award

Hey folks, hope you are all having a great week.

So it’s about time I did a Pin Up Pout - Shout Out Award.


This month it goes to the lovely Lauren over at Lauren Loves.


Now Lauren is a very popular blogger so many out there may already be following this fabulous lady but for those who aren’t please jump on over to her site after reading this. Click the link and check her out. You are bound to enjoy it.

She is a UK based freelance beauty and music writer and I love her blog. I really enjoy the different types of posts she does and topics she covers. I like it when a blogger mixes it up a bit. In particular I like her interviews and was over the moon the other week when she asked to do a little fun interview with me. I love the idea of us bloggers giving a little wave and a high five to each other on our pages, hence why I made this award. I am constantly impressed with the friendly community we have here. It just doesn't tend to happen like this else where on the web.

This month I thought I would steal Lauren’s interview idea and combine that with the award. I think I will keep this idea going every month (hope you don't mind Lauren). That is if the person receiving it is willing.

So here it is -

Q. Who (or what) makes you properly belly laugh?

A. Nathan Barley, Alan Partridge, The Office and Mighty Boosh. Also, a really underrated film called 'Whatever Happened to Harold Smith' is hilarious.

Q. What’s your favourite movie of the year?

A. Mmm tricky one. I think I'd have to say 'I Love You Man'. I thought it'd be a proper blokey film but it was blimming hilarious and the central characters were ace. It was so good I watched it twice within about 3 days!

Q. Top celebrity crush?

A. Kelly Jones from Stereophonics, without a doubt. I've loved Kelly since I was about 13 and driven my friends mad about him ever since. So when I interviewed him a couple of years ago, I found it ridiculously hard to remain cool and contain my excitement. I got through the whole interview as cool as a cucumber, then spoiled it on the way out by telling him I'd always been a fan. Arrrgh!

Q. Trend you just can’t get your head around (and wish it would go away)?

A. Harem pants! I'm sorry if anyone loves them, but they just remind me of MC Hammer. Or worse, Kriss Kross. Not flattering at all.

Q. Your guilty pleasure?

A. A few too many actually....Maltesers, Double Deckers, Pear Cider and coffee (preferably all at once!)

Q. Cosmetic item you think everyone should own and why?

A. I can't live without my Boots No 7 Quick Cover concealer (in extra fair - I'm so pale!). It's my desert island product and be gutted if they discontinued it. Shallow eh?

q. What outfit or item of clothing makes you feel super glam?

A. Actually, a dress I picked up from a charity shop in the summer. It's absolutely lovely - a black, lace body con, off the shoulder number. It's very Audrey Hepburn and I love it. I always get compliments when I wear it and it cost me all of £2.50. Bargain!

Q. What’s currently on your iPod? (question stolen from Lauren, hope you don’t mind)

A. A bit of everything - Ocean Colour Scene, White Lies, Roxy Music, Florence and the Machine, Little Boots, ABBA, Brighton band Telegraphs and of course, Stereophonics!

Q. What made you want to blog and what are your favourite parts about?

A. I started out doing a bit of writing for the Barry M website and got invited to their recent bloggers' event. I have to admit, I didn't realise there was such a big blogging community until I met some of the lovely girls at the event and heard what they all had to say. I jumped on the bandwagon as soon as I got home!
I love that it's such a friendly community and I enjoy reading fellow bloggers' posts. It always cheers me up when I arrive at work shattered in the morning.


Q. What are your plans for the Christmas/New Year season?

A. My boyfriend is spending Christmas with my family for the first time this year, which will be nice. As for New Year, we always have a big family do. I have never had a big night out on New Year (if you can believe it) so I think this year I will ditch my family (sorry mum and dad!) and see my chums instead!

Oh and just so you know folks I couldn't agree more with Lauren about "I love you, man". It's a brilliant movie. I laughed so hard I cried at parts. I wanted to go see it again as soon as I came out of the cinema. Go see it!

Oh and I quite like a bit of Ocean Colour Scene myself. When I was a teenagers I met them a few times. I got to spend my New Year with them and a free bar.

I will keep the link to Lauren’s page added to the award image on my site for the next month.

Lauren feel free to post this image on your blog if you wish, completely up to you.


Exxx





4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I love reading these :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog so here's a lovely blogger award
    http://macalicious-iheartcosmetics.blogspot.com/2009/11/lovely-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I gave you a blog award so .. well you know the drill.. hop over and take a look! Have a great weekend!
    Emma :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eliza,

    Wow, thanks so much for such a lovely post - it's so kind of you to do this, and give me such a lovely mention.
    Thank you for the award, you're so sweet.
    Enjoy reading your blog too and thanks for posting such kind things about me.
    Sorry for the delay, I've only just spotted this post! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx