Monday, 16 November 2009

Review, EOTD, LOTD mash up

This post is a bit of a mash up of a few things. I little review, an EOTD and a LOTD.

Firstly I want to praise an ELF product I bought recently (see previous blog). This is my favourite item of my four purchases, the eyebrow kit. I have used it every day since I bought it. When it comes to brows I have never used anything other than a pencil. Shadows just looked weird somehow. But those wax and powder kits have always got my interest. So at a mere £3.50 I thought I would give it a try. No massive loss cash wise if I didn’t like it. But I do, love it in fact.
So here are my eyebrows with no make up on them at all. They are pretty fair and thin. I don’t really need to pluck all that often. Although I do tend to get tiny blonde hairs under the arch which are a nightmare to see, until I put eyeshadow on top of them. Any way they need shape and a bit of filling in. The flash flash is also making my skin look super shiny but lucky it isn't like that!


And here they are with the eye brow kit used on them. Basically you get a small brush provided in the kit. It has an angled head at one end, this you use to apply a small amount of wax to make your eyebrow shape. Then at the other end is a small round brush to apply the powder to “set” the wax. I am seriously impressed with this product. I feel it looks natural and it lasts all day unlike the pencils I was using before. Oh and I’m using the medium colour (as it comes in three shades).


Secondly is a quick EOTD photo. Surprise, surprise it’s from the new sleek palette. I’m not keen on silver colours on me but I am determined to make them work as I love the shades. They look better on me once I have a bit of fake tan on.








And lastly, it’s a LOTD. My new favourite everyday lippie (although I’m loving Ambre Rose too) Boots Natural Collection in Fig Leaf. I had to go buy another one as my first snapped at the base. At £1.95 this is such a bargain. Perfect brown nude for me.

Hope you had a good Monday!
I’m looking forward to watching Derren Brown in 3D!
Exxx




4 comments:

  1. That eyebrow kit looks brilliant on you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo Elf eyebrow kit, looks great. I will probably slip that into my baket with my next Elf order! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to buy this last night but didnt know weather to or not, but i think now i will :) thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that lipstick! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. xo em

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx