Sunday, 29 November 2009

Tesco 3-4-2, Maybelline and winter boots

Tesco are currently doing a 3 for 2 offer across their make up ranges. Now I am on a bit of a spending ban as I have a lot of cosmetics on my Christmas list. However I did feel that my everyday mascara was getting a bit on the dry side. Now I do tend to head to Maybelline when it comes to mascaras. I’ve had good results from their products so I usually head back to them and today was no different. I picked up “The Colossal Volum’ Express” in Glam Black waterproof which I haven't tried before. Will let you know how I get on with this. I do want to try out a few others so please suggest away any mascaras you guys love.
I really want to try Max Factor’s 2000 Calorie mascara but I couldn’t get in waterproof. My eyes do water in the wind so it is pointless buying anything that isn’t. Especially with the weather turning the way it is. I can’t get over how cold it is and now it looks like there is snow on the way!
So for my other two items I picked up more Maybelline goods. Two “Watershine” glosses, one in Baby Pink and one in Crystal Dune. The first is a very light pink that reminds me of the colour of candy floss. I quickly tried it on and it doesn’t give much colour. More “my lips but better” shine which is lovely. The second is a very light cafĂ© latte colour with lots of sparkle which I think I am going to love. Once again I’ll tell you what I think once I have given them a proper try out.

I also got myself some proper walking boots this weekend. I needed a good boot that will get me through the snow and ice of winter. The shoes I have are useless in that type of weather and since we are due for snow soon I wanted to be prepared. They are actually a man’s boot from Trespass but they don’t look it. Honestly I couldn't care less I just wanted something that will stop me for slipping and falling all over the place. All the women’s boots seemed to be UGG styled with no grips on them and style wise that’s not really something I would wear. I wore them today and they are so comfortable. Now all I need are some pretty shoes for work to change into once I get there.
Hope you have all had a great weekend.
Exxx

4 comments:

  1. Colossal used to be my fave mascara! I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic buys! I would personally use Lancome Hypnose mascara, it gives me the volume that I need and a little extra length which is never a bad thing! :)

    Good idea on the boots too! I can see me slipping and sliding all over the place!

    Nikki
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely love Rimmel mascara. It seems a bit more expensive than some of the other brands though, like Covergirl and Loreal, but I find it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily - Tried it today and so far so good. No smudges etc.

    Nikki - oohh I will have to give that a try. Sounds great.

    Cirien Phoenix - Think they are about the same price here. I've never tried Rimmel mascaras for years.

    Exxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx