Sunday, 20 December 2009

Red Sunset EOTD

Here’s a quick EOTD for you peeps.


So it’s the weekend and the weekend for me, make up wise, means colour and lots of it. I always feel I can get away with more as it’s the weekend, no work etc, etc. So today I went for full on ion your face eye colour. I wish I had fake tanned a little as I think if I was a little less pale this would have looked better however I still liked it. I’ve always had a thing for red eye make up. Years ago I remember having a lipstick stain from the Body Shop that was bright red that I used to wear on my eyes. I teamed it with black liner to avoid the eye infection look. I wore it a lot.


When I was in the States earlier this year I managed to pick up a couple of gorgeous Make Up Forever red shadows that I haven’t used nearly enough. I must dig those out.


Any way today I thought I would try out the deepest red from the Sleek Sunset palette. I added a bit of the bright orange in the inner corner and some of the bright yellow on the inner lower lash line. After this I used a black liner on the waterline and a couple of coats of mascara.



Overall I happy with it and while using a MAC shadestick as a base I am still amazed at how well it has lasted. Not exactly an everyday look but that’s half the fun right? Anyone else a fan of red eyeshadow?



Can’t believe Christmas is less than a week away. So looking forward to it.

Hope you guys have had a great weekend. Mine was over way too quick!

Ex



7 comments:

  1. Great look! Purple is my thing right now. Lots of bright purple looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if it's the camera making the highlight stand out so much but I'm not so fond of the bright white with these colors. I do however love the bright red with the orange! I like how you aren't afraid to play with the bright colors! :)

    http://blueyedevil3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauraloo - i'm still a bit shy on the purples. Cant seem to find the right shade for me. Will keep trying though!
    Blueyez - the photos do have a flash in them. Dont think the white was that bright in RL. That said I will keep this in mind for the future. I've always liked the brights. After all we can just wipe it off right. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your application is flawless! It looks stunning. I'm far too much of a wuss to wear it myself though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this! I think it makes your eyes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys. I do love my bright colours.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i love this look.
    im now following

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx