Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Diablo Illamasqua Lipstick - I heart it

So I finally tried the other Illamasqua lippie I got for Christmas, Diablo. Once again I have no complaints with this product. The website describes it as a dark wine red, matt finish and that it is. Although I feel it is a little more purple than how it looks in the photos. Like any other dark lipstick it does show up any dry patches on the lips so I would give them a scrub and pop on a bit of lip balm for a few minutes before wiping it off and putting on this bold colour.



I do find that I can be on the lazy side when it comes to reapplying so I tend to wear dark colours only now and then. However this little beauty may make me turn to the dark side more often.
I decided with a colour this strong to keep the eyes simple. I used hardly any shadow on the lid to keep it a liner look. For the cheeks I used a small touch of Diablo again.

So what can I say, I heart Illamasqua.


I do still want to try and find my perfect red. Tacky Blue Eyeshadow did a great post a while back about finding your perfect red for your skin tone (go read if you haven't already) but the trouble is I’m not sure what I am. I think I am a “cool toned with pink undertones”. I feel way to pale to be anything other than “cool” although sometimes I think that perhaps I’m yellowed toned. Trouble is trying lipsticks. I would never EVER try a lippie from a tester in a shop EVER so how to I find my perfect shade without wasting a load of cash on lipsticks I won’t use? The reds I have are more in the orangey side and I do feel they make my teeth look yellow so I will have to try a blue one soon. I have heard that MAC’s Russian Red is a good colour on most so I might treat myself to that soon.
I was thinking I could perhaps take a photo of me smiling and photoshop different shades of red on me to see what tones work! Tee hee


10 comments:

  1. Very pretty, especially on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! This looks divine on you, especially with those lined eyes!

    I actually think you have yellow undertones. One of the easiest ways to know if you are cool or warm is to look at the veins on your wrist. If they are blue/purple, you are cool. If they are green/yellow, you are warm. Hope that helps a bit! I never wear red lips, so I can't help you on that though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.x

    @ Lisa Kate - Ohhh I've never heard the veins thing before. Although mine are purple and green! Eeep.
    I think I might have to play on photoshop as still feel the warmer reds make my teeth look awful.
    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this colour on you, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try Illamasqua Box for a red. It's supposed to suit various skin tones, neither too warm or too cool. I love it.

    I LOVE Diablo! I want it now ;-)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I think you wear it incredibly well too.

    I think you're neutral - I'm also quite pale and I'm not noticeably cool or warm toned. Good news is, pretty much any shade of red is going to work on you, it just depends on what type of look you're after (I find blue reds can tend to be a little starker, orange reds are warmer. Brick (brown based) reds are a nice, slightly less bright option too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind words folks. Because I don't wear a dark lip often I still feel a little unsure at times.

    @ Michelle - Box was on my list of Illamasqua lippies I want to purchase next. Now that I know you love it I have to get it. The colour looks amazing.

    @ Grace London - I was thinking about this on the bus this morning and I wondered if I just happen to me in the middle. I have very rosy cheeks at times which makes me think I'm pink undertoned but then I think sometimes yellow and I am pale back wouldn't say cool toned. Colour me confused! I think I may just be as you said in the midddle. I going to have to try out some reds to experiment!

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely give Box a swatch. It's one of my fave reds. If you had access to Beaute I would tell you to try Masochist lip creme. Love that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh believe me Masochist is a must get my hands on item!

    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx