Wednesday, 24 February 2010


I had been meaning to try out Benefit's Powderflage for quite some time now. I'm constantly on the look out for anything that might help cover my dark shadows. I've always had dark circles under my eyes. This is probably due mainly to my God awful sleeping pattern. I've never slept well from an early age.
Any way due to this price of this powder I couldn't get it when I was out of work. At £19.50 for the teeniest tiny pot possible it ain't cheap but let's face it Benefit isn't exactly a bargain price brand. I've never been a massive fan to be honest. It's been my opinion that they can be all form and no function. Yes, the packaging is cute and funny but I've never been wowed by their goods. I was pleased with a lipgloss of theirs once but at the price I'd rather head to MAC. Plus now that Illamasqua is around I would much rather spend my pennies there.
So after the crap I have been through recently I decided to treat myself to this little powder. Plus after the lovely Unicorn Smile recommended it teamed with the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer I'm currently using, I was sold. However being 'sold' turned out to the problem! At the weekend I actually went miles out of my way to buy it only to find it's been discontinued! Brilliant, after all that time it's going out the door. I was advised to try another counter or the website. So off to another counter I went yesterday and managed it get one of the remaining four they had.
I was advised that if a product doesn't sell well in the States it gets pulled here regardless to how well it's doing. Annoying, yes but fair enough, the company is out to make money after all.
So this morning I finally got to try this stuff. Hard to judge after one try of course so I will let you know how I get on. Thought I would let you folks know that it'll be leaving shelves shortly if you didn't already know. So if you are a fan go buy it up while stocks last.
Hope you are all doing well.
I'm getting closer to the 100 follower mark so please let me know if you have any ideas for give aways or competitons. What would you be up for?
Oh also it's snowing here again. I am so sick of being cold!
E x x x

5 comments:

  1. I really hope you like it, but not too much since they're bloody discontinuing it!! Laura Mercier do one that is similar, which is excellent,but that's even more expensive. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try this but as you said about the price it's a little off putting! Do let us know how you get on! I guess I won't find out if they're discontinuing it personally x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well day two and although I am liking it I'm not seeing a huge difference. I was previously using the pink section of the ELF complexion perfection.
    Will do a catch up review once I have used it for at least a week.
    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it silly that it gets pulled over here when it is still popular? I have never tried it but I'd heard it was good.

    I suffer from dark circles too I'm still looking for the perfect concealer! I'll have to try the Bobbi Brown one I think as maybe that will be the one! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will do a follow up post on this. I have to admit I'm not jumping for joy over it.

    I am loving the BB concealer. So glad I got the girl on the counter to match my shade or I would have gone way to pale. A tiny bit goes a long way.
    Ex

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx