Monday, 22 February 2010

Maybe I'm used to it, Maybelline mascaras. Trying something new.

I've been using Maybelline mascara since the dawn of time. I have strayed from the path now and then when something shiny has caught my eye but generally I stay faithful. When it comes to other products I don't tend to stick with any other range in particular. I'm always up for playing the field, trying a new brand, drugstore or otherwise. So I decided to start trying new mascaras to see if I was missing out. With a nature of the beast mascaras only last a short length of time, especially since I use mine everyday. So rather than buy a handful of mascaras to have them all dry up at the same time I've just been buying a new one when my current tube has started to see better days.

The first on the new try out was Rimmel's Sexy Curves. I’m guessing like most of you I was hearing good things about this on the web. Now my eyes water in windy and cold weather, so living in Scotland I always have to wear waterproof. Anything other would just be silly. Now I don't know if this would have made a huge difference to how I found the product but I really wasn't keen. It seemed really thick, almost dried out looking. I even bought a second tube a while later as I thought I had perhaps picked up one that had been opened and had dried out on the shelf. Alas no, the second tube was exactly the same. Has anyone else found this?


Now I am a sucker for money off deals. So when I was out and about at the weekend I noticed that Max Factor’s Lash Extension Effect had £3 off. Cha ching, it was in my basket. Now considering that I have only used it for two days I have to say I’m am liking this muchly. The wand is has many a thin lovely bristle to grab every tiny lash. No blobbing what so ever. I’m very pleased with this purchase. Will let you know how I get on with this.


So what is your mascara of choice? Are there any that you suggest I try?
Hope you are all doing well.

Ex

6 comments:

  1. I quite sadly own about 10 mascaras and I wouldn't say I have any favorites! So I just keep on purchasing more :/
    So I always look forward to mascara reviews!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just felt I was perhaps in a rut and didn't know it! Will let you know how I get on.
    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also tried rimmel mascara and never again. it just doesn't seem to work for me.
    my favourite of all time has to be loreal's panoramic. haven't been able to find it for awhile though.
    maybe should try that max factor one, am on the look out for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My current HG is Maybelline Lash Stiletto =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skinny Bitches in the Making - I've never tried that one, will have to keep my eye out for it. x

    Gaby - Was so tempted to pick that up the other day. Like I said I'm a Maybelline mascara girl!!! Gonna have to get it now. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx