Monday, 8 March 2010

A high end and high street love.

Lipsticks are my buy of choice at the moment. I have many a colour of eyeshadow but I was feeling in a bit of a lippie rut. This is slowly changing though. Here's a couple of my latest loves.


Box by Illamasqua, I love it. Pure and simple. It’s love.


At £15 for a lipstick this is my high end joy. I treated myself the other week and got my mitts on it. I had been advised it was a great colour that would suit most skin tones and oh my, it's spanking. I’m still not 100% sure of my colouring so finding my ultimate red is a mission at the moment. This must be close. Yes it's not your every day wear. I certainly wouldn't go to work in it but if I could get away with it I would. This super dramatic colour is as bold as you can get. On my pale skin it packs a punch and I can't get enough. I don't care if it's too much. If people stare or think it's OTT, then that’s their problem, I adore it. The pigmentation is full on and the colour is super opaque and matte. Lips need to be in top condition or dry skin gets highlighted. Mine tend to be fine but sometimes they get dry on the very inside of my bottom lip, this really does show any slight flaw but such is the nature of the beast when it comes to bold mattes.


Second up is the high street fun and a far more day time affair. Boots Natural Collection lipstick in Rose Bud.

Super cheap at under £2. I have loved the previous two colours I picked up from this range and this has been no different. Now these colours, as fitting with the collection, are in the neutrals so they are perfect for the office. The three I have all give an almost matte finish. Which is lovely considering most cheapo lipsticks tend to be on the greasy side. I've never been one for mid pinks or rose colours but I really like the look of this and getting me into new colours is the whole point.

So folks, what lippies are you loving at the moment?
Any suggestions for new colours to try?

Hope you are all having a great start to the week.
Exxx



6 comments:

  1. Love Box on you! It's one of my favorite reds.

    I love all lipstick so my favorites change daily. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie, I'm addicted!
    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both lippies are gorgeous! box needs to be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the natural collection lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara - it does! You must get yourself one.

    Simpleelegance - I'm super keen on them. Picked up another at the weekend.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my beady eye on 'Box' for a while now...looks fab on you!

    I love the Rose Bud shade too! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx