Monday, 19 April 2010

FOT(other)D - Sleek time

So here’s a FOT(other)D. As you can see it’s all about the eye make up. I wasn’t at home the other week but I still had to take a decent selection of eyeshadows with me. That’s cosmetic addiction for you. So I grabbed a few Sleek palettes so I would have plenty of colours to select from. It was such a simple look but I loved it. Full on spanking blue. When I was young I remember blue eyeshadow being classed as dated and so 80’s. Not only that but being a blue eyed girl I always remember reading that I should stick with browns and shy away from the blue. As a teenager though nothing sounded more boring than brown eyeshadow (how that opinion has changed)! I’ve recently changed my foundation and the application of it but I want to cover that all in another post as I want to give it a good try out. As for the other products I used Barbara Daly’s eyeshadow primer. This is great stuff and super, super cheap! It can also be used as a light concealer but I haven’t used it for this so not sure how well it works. As a primer though I have been using it every day for a few weeks now and loving it. I would certainly repurchase.



All over the lid I used the blue from the Sleek Sunset Palette blended up to through the eye socket. I then used the dark blue from the Sleek Bohemian Palette (one of which can be won in my give away here) pushed into the upper and lower lash lines. I then lined the waterline with my new favourite black pencil liner. Bourjois Khol with built in sharpener. It’s so super black and soft, it's taken over from my love of the Rimmel Jet Black I previously posted about. Then a couple of coats of Max Factor’s Lash Extension mascara. Now this shadow did crease as the hours went on although this doesn’t bother me so much. I tend to take a small soft eye brush with me in my hand bag to rebuff the socket line while I’m out and about. The rest of the make up was left as pale as possible. Tiny bit of blush and bronzer and Boots Natural Collection Apple Blossom lipstick to finish it off.


I’ve also had my hair colour changed (although I hadn‘t styled it in the photo above so you can‘t really see). It was getting really black with the constant dark brown colouring at home, the colour was so flat looking. My hairdresser stripped the black out popped in some toffee, caramel highlights and put a toner over the top. Altogether it’s far warmer now and will slowly get lighter over time. This should mean no more obvious roots! *fingers crossed*

Hope you’ve had a great start to the week. I’m always happier when Monday is over!
E x x x


9 comments:

  1. Ohh thats pretty
    Love the colour!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gobsmackingly Gorj! I love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous on you! I think I might have to give this a whirl as Sunset is just sitting untouched... thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! So vibrant and pretty. I was brought up with the same perceptions of blue eyeshadow as you, particularly as a blue eyed girl myself, but I really think blues suit me best. Turquoisey blues like this at least xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the eye-make up!perfecto for summery days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx