Monday, 14 June 2010

Make up to sweat by.

One thing I don’t understand is women that work out in full on make up. In my opinion fake eyelashes just look ridiculous in the gym. I don’t get it. Surely it just can’t be good for the skin.
EDIT - I just want to say that I didn't mean this to sound so harsh. I know a lot of people go straight from work to the gym. What I meant is a don't understand why some people put on full "going out clubbing" make up specifically to go to work out. I can't imagine it to be comfortable. I don't mean to sound judgey about it. Each to their own.

That being said I’m not one to be completely bare faced unless in the house!

I’ve recently started going to a Zumba class, it‘s been great fun. Besides it’s about time I got myself into some sort of exercise!
Obviously I wore next to nothing make up wise but I have to admit three little products were used.



Firstly, for a little eye definition, I used MAC’s liquid last eyeliner. This liner does not move once applied. I think you can pretty much go swimming in this stuff although I have never tried. It takes a little while to dry so you do need to watch out for transfer. As long as you keep your eyes half shut until it dries you are golden. I also love GOSH’s extreme art eyeliner, tis pretty much the same as MAC’s only a few pounds cheaper. Both need an oil cleaner to remove.



Last but not least I used another Maybelline product. Super stay 18 hour wear lipstick. Now I’m not one for these lasts a million hours lippies. I tend to find them really drying (and they look it too without constant top ups of the balm, if you need to do that why not just go with a lipstick?). However they do last hours, I would point out that I stick to pale or taupe colours. As they do start to wear away over the hours. I used a dark red once and I ended up with a very attractive dark red line around my lips. I then tried to top it up with the colour and it turned out all types of patchy. Then trying to remove it was a delight! Not an experience I would like to repeat.

So ladies what do you do when you head off for some exercise? Are you a full on face or fresh like a daisy?



For my lashes I used Maybelline’s Volume Express Turbo Boost. This is my third tube of the stuff! I love it. Thickens and is super black and once again it doesn’t budge! Once again this needs oil to be shifted. Seriously without oil it can still be there in the morning, hello Panda eyes.



Last but not least I used another Maybelline product. Super stay 18 hour Wear Lipstick. Now I’m not one for these lasts a million hours lippies. I tend to find them really drying (and they look it too without constant top ups of the balm, if you need to do that why not just go with a lipstick?). However they do last hours, I would point out that I stick to pale or taupe colours. They do start to wear away in the middle of the lips over the hours. I used a dark red once and I ended up with a very attractive dark red line around my lips. I then tried to top it up with the colour and it turned out all types of patchy - YUCK. Then trying to remove it was a delight! Not an experience I would like to repeat.

So ladies what do you do when you head off for some exercise? Are you a full on face or fresh like a daisy?

4 comments:

  1. I don't really think it's right to judge people that are at the gym with a full face of make up. I go staright from work and only just make it in time for my classes, so of course I'm still wearing all the make up I've had on all day, I barely have time to change, let alone start taking my face off!

    If I had the choice, this obviously wouldn't be the case, but some of us don't have that option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have added an edit to this post. I didn't mean it like that at all. The last thing I would want to sound is judgey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mean to have a go, sorry! I just wanted it to be clear that if anyone sees me down the gym with a full face of slap, it's because I'm in a hurry, not because I dress up to go and pose down the gym ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I re read it I just wanted to make sure it didn't come across too harsh. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx