Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Smashbox Splurge

Hey there folks, how you all doing?

I had a little splurge at the weekend. Ooops!

I’m on a major saving no spending ban however Mr E treated himself so I was allowed to get myself a little something too (nice one). My treat is always make up, there is always something I want!
I had gone out with the plan to get my hands on Urban Decay’s lippie “Lovechild”. I've wanted it for months now. However when I got to Debenhams it turns out they no longer stock Urban Decay! Totally gutted as I have gone out of my way to get this lipstick several times and still failed to come home with the goods. They either seem to be sold out, don’t sell a wide enough range to stock it or in this case disappear completely. I think I might have to go online for this purchase.

Any way my sorrow was quickly replaced by utter joy when I saw a Smashbox stand! Eeep! To cut a long story short I sent Debenhams an email a good while back asking if they stocked Smashbox and they said yes but when I got to the store they didn’t. Boo and indeed hiss.

But this time here it was right in front of me. So I got my hands on this -



Proof cream liner palette - In packaging, without and with flash.

I am a HUGE fan of cream/gel eyeliners so this is right up my street. I was tempted by the metallic palette also but at £30 a pop I decided to stick with my original want of “Proof”.

Now my eyes water in the wind so my liner of choice is usually Bobbi Brown’s long wear gel eyeliner. I asked the assistant at the counter how these compare as I had noticed that there was also individual waterproof liners. However she advised that the palette should be long lasting enough for me. I hope she is right.

Now I have only used this twice so far so it’s really difficult for me to judge it but I didn’t feel the pigment was as strong as my trusty Bobbi Brown’s. I really hope this wasn’t a waste of cash.

Have you guys tried any of the Smashbox liners or do you have this palette? If so I would love to hear your opinions. In fact any opinions on Smashbox products would be great as this is my frist purchase from them. I will give it a good try out before I post any judgement. *fingers crossed*

4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you! I can't wear these 'cos they transfer to my upper eyelid as soon as I open my eyes. They don't seem to set like gel liners do.

    Such a beautiful range of colours though! I hope they work well for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that, I've never looked at Smashbox products before, but I think I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That palette looks beautiful! The colours are fantastic. I hope it doesn't disappoint - it looks so promising!

    xx

    thebeautybite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I found you, loving the blog, and I too almost fainted with excitement when I saw my debenhams had done themselves up with a smashbox- shriek!

    Love it if you would come and check out my posts.

    Looking forward to hearing from you,

    Bx

    beautyh2t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx