Thursday, 29 July 2010

Off topic - Crochet granny scarf


Off topic post here - soz
Some of you might already know from previous posts that I am learning to knit and crochet. Crochet has been my main focus of late. It works up so much quicker than my knitting but I do want to learn both. When I first started to learn I bought a whole bunch of acrylic yarn which is cheaper. I didn't want to waste expensive yarn on my first crappy attempts. Now that I am more confident (with the crochet at least) I am left with a whole bunch of acrylic stuff to use up before I can justify buying more expensive supplies.

So I found the pattern for and made this. Mr E said I looked "foreign" in it which made me laugh. I might make another in different colours.

On the some topic folks I've decided that I will do some sort of give away soon with something that I have made. Depending on how keen people are to join in that is. I was thinking of some sort scarf or cowl so size (like a hat) doesn't matter.
Hope you are all doing well - it's nearly Friday Wooo Hoooo
Exxx

3 comments:

  1. Fab scarf! I love knitting. My crochet skills need a little work though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it!

    http://pinklemonade-chiconomy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently learning to crochet too! Here's a cute little project that works well with acrylic yarn :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx