Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Help - Show me the matte!


Hey guys

I need a little help.
I am really pale so as an everyday highlight on my brow bone I tend to use a matte white blended out. For quite some time now I have been using Rimmel's matte white. It's cheap and does the job well. However it's a nightmare to get a hold of. Everywhere I go I can't seem to get my hands on it.

So I thought I would just buy another high street/drug store brand. I don't have the pennies at the moment to be buying MAC or Illamasqua. Plus, I know it may sound daft, but if I'm spending a cit of cash I want something a little more exciting than white. For expensive goods I tend to get colours!

Everywhere I go though it's shimmer, shimmer, shimmer. Nothing matte.

Actually my perfect skin tone colour would be a lightest pale colour in the Bohemian Sleek palette but that was limited addition and I've almost ran out of the colour I have.

So please help folks. Can you point me in the direction of a pale/white cheap matte eyeshadow?

E x

7 comments:

  1. have you tried MUA exckusive to superdrug...they do a matt white for £1 and its really blendable x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Body Shop do a very-pale-almost-white called Vanilla Cream. It's completely matte and I know it's not exactly white, and not exactly budget at 8 pounds, but I thought I'd give you heads up anyway :)

    Actually, I think I have it somewhere and I used it about three times as it's not really my type of shadow at all... so I can post it to you if you like ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this eyeshadow

    http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our journey has begun!… secretly though

    If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and that I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post. I’d love for you to stop by.

    Exciting things going on around here!

    www.DefinitelyMaybeBaby.com

    ~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    Nice blog you got there :)
    I'm a follower now!
    Maybe you can check mine out as well and become a follower?

    http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can find a white matte in a couple of NYX palettes, I'm really pale as well and I love to use the white eyeshadow from the 'Strike a pose' palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the tips guys. Got my hands on a couple of colours will blog about them later.

    Oh and thanks Ola for your kind offer but I got my mitts on the perfect colour!

    E x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx