Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Inexpensive FOTD



I thought I would do an inexpensive FOTD.

Face wise I used Barbara Daly make up, foundation, eyeshadow base and concealer. The foundation I like. It’s very fresh and feels light on the skin. The eyeshadow base I love, I use it everyday (pulling out the expensive stuff for nights out). I ran out of it the other week and couldn’t get to Tesco to get another. Felt a little lost with out it, when I did get to the shop I bought two! At four pounds I think this is great value and really helps keep my eyeshadow put all day. The concealer I’m not a huge fan of, it tends to sink into lines after a few hours. I have buffed it right into the skin and still find that this happens. However in fairness I am comparing it to Bobbi Brown’s creamy concealer! Blusher wise I used a Boots No7 colour from a compact I have.

On the eyes I used a Revlon matte pale colour as a brow highlight (£4.99) and then two MUA’s eyeshadows on the crease and lid. At only £1 each they are not the most fantastic of shadows but for the price they are workable. I did find the colour creased quite easily (in fact I think it shows in this photo) but if creasing doesn‘t bother you then why not. I just took a little blending brush in my make up bag in my hand bag and gave it a little extra blend when needed. I don’t think I would buy the MUA eyeshadows again but still fun to use. I will blog about these next.



On the lips I used a Maybelline water shine gloss.

I did this look mainly to try out the new cheap shadows I had bought and just decided to stick to an inexpensive theme. Personally I don’t have a huge amount of cash to be spending on cosmetics every week so it’s good to know there are decent products out there in the cheaper range.

What's your favourite inexpensive product?

E x

2 comments:

  1. I really like 2True 3 in 1 concealer which is only £1.95 :L

    Surprisingly it's really good and I actually prefer it to Touch Eclait for under eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look!

    http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx