Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Rimmel - Matte me up - NOTD


When it came to the whole matte nail thing that kicked off a little while back, I never really got on board. I just didn't fancy it much for no particular reason other than liking shiny nails. However everyone seems to be bringing out a matte top coat so I thought "what the hell, why not". I didn't know if I would be using it much so I went for the cheaper option of Rimmel.
I can't remember the exact price but I think it was about £5.

Now I am restricted colour wise in my job, it's just not the place for spanking bright colours, and I do miss them from time to time, especially bright reds but there is always the weekend. Although this forced colour palette has made me fall a little in love with all things neutral.
So here is a before and after shot using a Nails Inc (I think it was the freebie coloue from the Boots Cola offer). Oh and sorry for the state of my nails. Had a lot of broken nails recently.
Before:

And of course after:


After trying this little beauty out I can honestly say I am ready to be matted up! I really like it. I may not have the choice colour wise but I now have a pick of finish. What I also like, although I am fairly certain that this is not a selling point, is the way the top coat kinda wears off and the days go past. So I have super matte on day one and then a satin finish a couple of days after. This may bug some folks but I kinda like it.

I've seen a good few Matte nail top coat posts out there in the blog world, are you tempted to go matte?

Ex

5 comments:

  1. can't wait to get this, keep meaning to get it with my boots points then forget the card! snap on the nail colour today as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I officially love matte nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi beautiful Eliza!
    This is a great product indeed!
    Hands up for matte nails!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. ops nice design.your choice is really beautiful.
    Animal Planet

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I love to read your comments. xxx